Wednesday, October 17, 2007

10-18-07


Just wanted you all to see a picture of Pat and Sam since they are the ones who arranged everything for me here and I have referred to them so many times. You can see that all these years of living in Thailand haven't diminished Pat's huge, beautiful blue eyes! Everyone keeps asking me if they look the same, and even though it's been thirty years, I have to say they do! It's been great to reconnect. The fellowship has been sweet and the years seem to have melted away. Too bad I can't post a picture of Sam's quirky sense of humor...
I will write again later if I can but I need to go over my talk a few times before I give it this afternoon.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Well, you and Jay should be having a great time by now. Enjoy this special time together in this special place! Let us know how your talk went with the staff. I'm certain they needed to hear what the Lord placed on your heart. Love ya!

Unknown said...

The boat you rode in going upriver were called "long tail" boats. You amaze me and ILY.

Betsy said...

I am having difficulty when I attempt to publish my comment. This is the third time I've had to rewrite my comment because I couldn't sign in and lost what I had written. Hmmm. Anyway, "Take two": Thank you for the picture of Sam and Pat. It's nice to have a face with a name. Wow. Thirty years! How precious must be your fellowship! A bit of "heaven on earth"? What a gift from God. I treasure so much those with whom I have "done life." Nuff on this one, I'll respond to another one now. Love, Betsy