Tuesday, July 1, 2008

07-01-08

If the road to hell is indeed paved with good intentions, I am well on my way. But now I have a new intention. A good one, of course, because they always are, aren't they? Where is the road going, I wonder, that is paved with bad intentions? Hell, of course. I'm sure of it. It just doesn't seem fair, does it?
My newest intention is actually an old one: to blog more regularly. I want to. I try to. I mean to. But then I get busy or can't think of anything earth-shattering to write about. Besides, I have never liked the clunky, abrupt, vomiting sound of the word "blog." Who came up with that, anyway? Where's an untraceable gun when you really need one?
But so many of you have come out of the woodwork after yesterdays blog that I feel compelled to use the gift God has given me more regularly. I'm pretty sure that in Ephesians 4:11, right after "apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers" is "blogger." I'll double check.
Besides, even if no one actually reads our stuff, it is essential that we writers actually write. Preferably on a daily basis. Words are to us what crack is to an addict. We have to do it! I can't tell you how satisfying it is to find out that people actually read what I write on purpose! It feels a bit like Sally Field accepting that Oscar.
By the way, if you want to check out my favorite writer and blogger who is also a personal friend, go to www.taralynnthompson.com. She writes almost every day, but usually just a paragraph or so. Not only is she a brilliant, gifted writer, she's hilariously funny.
Now here is my thought for the day, courtesy of Zig Ziglar. "You can start anywhere and get where you want to go. Life is a great teacher. Failure is only an event. And regardless of what happens to you along the way, you will eventually come to understand that everything that occurs teaches and prepares you for the next stage of life."
Well, I certainly hope so, or else it's just a crap shoot!
Thanks to all of you for your kind words and encouraging responses. You motivate me!

No comments: